Agriculture based certificate IT course is conducting by L3F Ruhuna project for children who is in Agribusiness families. Computer Lab facilities are given by Econ Computer Unit, Department of Agricultural Economics, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Ruhuna.
The course content includes following modules
- Concept of information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Introduction to Computer System
- Fundamentals of Operating System
- Word processing application
- Working with spreadsheet
- Database Management System
- Creating Presentation
- Web Browsing and Communication
- The L3F programme focuses on well-being of L3F farmer groups including wives and children of the members.
- The computer literacy programme is design for teenage students of the members.
- The programme started a four (4) months Computer Certificate programme for 20 students at the Hambantota University Unit. The first batches of students were recruited in February 2017.
- Now (2019) it is going on Computer training center, Department of Agricultural Economics, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Ruhuna.
- The comfortable computer laboratory was equipped with 20 Laptops and interactive multimedia provided by the Ericsson PLC (Leading ICT Company) under the concept of connects to learn.
- The programme leads to the certificate level. Students who successfully complete the necessary requirement theory and practical will qualify to receive the certificate of computer literacy confer by the Open University of Sri Lanka. At present (2019) qualified students will certify by University of Ruhuna.